1. --I feel so nervous about the National English Speech Competition tomorrow.
A. I really envy you B. Glad to hear that C. Sounds great D. Take it easy
2. The traffic on the main streets has a longer green signal than _______ on the small ones.
A. one B. this C. that D. it
3. Hurry up, kids! The school bus _______ for us!
A. waits B. was waiting C. waited D. is waiting
4. Read this story, _______ you will realize that not everything can be bought with money.
A. or B. and C. but D. so
5. --Why are your eyes so red? You _______ have slept well last night.
A. can't B. mustn't C.needn't D. won't
6. _______ you said at the meeting describes a bright future for the company.
A. When B. How C. What D. That
7. He is so busy. He cannot afford enough time with his son _______ he wants to.
A. even if B. as if C. because D. before
8. _______ which university to attend, the girl asked her teacher for advice.
A. Not knowing B. Knowing not C. Not known D. Known not
9. Nowadays people are more concerned about the environment _______ they live.
A. what B. which C. when D. where
10. The airport _______ next year will help promote tourism in this area.
A. being completed B. to be completed
C. completed D. having been completed