首页>实用英语>英语听力>正文
英语听力:大独裁者-卓别林最后的演讲

www.zige365.com 2011-12-13 17:16:41 点击:发送给好友 和学友门交流一下 收藏到我的会员中心
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor.
对不起,但我不想成为什么皇帝。

That's not my business.
那不是我的事情。

I don't want to rule or conquer anyone.
我不想统治或征服任何人。

I should like to help everyone if possible: Jew, gentile, black man, white.
我想帮助每个人: 犹太人,非犹太人,黑人,白人。

We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.
我们要彼此帮助,人类就应该那样。

We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
我们要幸福的生活,而不是悲惨的。

We don't want to hate or despise one another.
我们不希望彼此憎恨。

In this world, there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
在这个世界上,土地是富足的,它能养活每一个人。

The way of life can be free and beautiful,but we have lost the way.
生活本可以是自由且美好的,但是我们迷失了方向。

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
贪婪侵蚀了人们的灵魂 ,用憎恨阻隔了世界,我们一步步走向血腥。

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in.
我们飞速发展,但是同时又自我封闭。

Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
工业时代让我们物欲横流。

Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness, hard and unkind.
我们的知识让我们玩世不恭,我们的智慧让我们冷酷无情。

We think too much and feel too little.
我们考虑得太多而感知得太少。

More than machinery we need humanity.
除了机器我们更需要人性。

More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.
除了智慧我们更需要仁慈和礼貌。

Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost...
没有这些品格,生活将充满暴力,一切将不复存在…

The aeroplane and radio have brought us closer together.
飞机和收音机让我们彼此靠得更近。

These inventions cry out for the goodness in man, cry out for universal brotherhood, for the unity of us all.
这些发明呼唤人类的良知,呼唤全世界的手足情谊,让我们团结在一起。

Even now my voice is reaching millions, millions of despairing men, women and children, victims of a system that makes men torture ,and imprison innocent people.
现在我的声音传到数以百万的,数以百万的绝望的男人,女人和孩子们的耳朵里,被那些在暴政制度下痛苦折磨的受难者,和无端入狱的人们的听到。

To those who can hear me I say, do not despair. The misery upon us is but the passing of greed,the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. 
我要对那些能够听到我讲话的人们说,不要绝望!我们正经受的悲惨遭遇不过是那些畏惧人类进步的,贪婪的人所承受的痛苦。

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took will return to the people.
人们间憎恨将会过去,独裁者也会消亡,被他们夺走的权力将会重新回到人民的手中。

So long as men die liberty will never perish.
只要人类没有灭亡自由之火就永不会熄灭。

Soldiers, don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you,regiment your lives, tell you what to think and feel, who drill you, treat you like cattle and use you as cannon fodder. 

本新闻共3页,当前在第1页  1  2  3  

我要投稿 新闻来源: 编辑: 作者:
相关新闻
英语听力:有钱就一定幸福吗?
英语听力:棒球教练基础
英语听力:联合国世界粮食安全委员会
英语听力:美国务卿访菲南海争端将占主导
英语听力:联合国世界粮食安全委员会