首页>实用英语>英语阅读>正文
实用英语阅读——神吐槽西方人的20大迷信

www.zige365.com 2012-10-9 15:39:01 点击:发送给好友 和学友门交流一下 收藏到我的会员中心

  11

  第十一条:

  Evil spirits can’t harm you when you stand inside a circle.

  当你站在一个圈内,邪恶的灵魂便伤害不到你。

  Oh, that explains all those people walking up and down the street wearing hula hoops.

  哦,难怪有些人会戴着呼啦圈在街上走来走去啊!

  12

  第十二条:

  It’s bad luck to pick up a coin if it’s tails side up. Good luck comes if it’s heads up.

  如果捡起的硬币反面朝上,则会带来厄运;正面朝上会带来好运。

  In this economy, a little bad luck is worth the nickel.

  在当前经济形势下,就算会带来厄运我也不会放过地上那个硬币的。

  13 – oops, should I have called this one #12A?

  第十三条:呃,我是不是该命名它为第12A条?

  A cricket in the house brings good luck.

  家里发现蟋蟀,会有好运。

  It will also bring cricket poop.

  也会有蟋蟀粪便啊亲。

  14

  第十四条:

  If the palm of your right hand itches, it means you will soon be getting money. If the palm of your left hand itches, it means you will soon be paying out money.

  假如你右手掌发痒,说明很快就能获得一笔钱;假如你左手掌痒,说明你很快要付出去一笔钱。

  If the palm of either of your hands is itching, you might want to get that checked.

  假如你两只手都痒,那我建议你还是去医院检查一下吧。

  15

  第十五条:

  A knife as a gift from a lover means that the love will soon end.

  如果爱人送了一把小刀作为礼物,说明爱情很快会结束。

  Who gives their lover a knife for a gift? What happened to roses or chocolate? Creepy!

  谁会送自己爱人一把刀啊!送玫瑰送巧克力不都行嘛?真是有毛病啊!

  and

  还有:

  A knife placed under the bed during childbirth will ease the pain of labor.

  分娩的时候,在枕头下放把刀能减轻分娩疼痛。

  If I were the impregnator, I would be very nervous.

  如果我是那个孕妇,我会更紧张的。

  16

  第十六条:

  Salty soup is a sign that the cook is in love.

  汤太咸,说明那个厨子恋爱了。

  Check the sodium content on any can in any grocery store and feel good about how much love there is in the world.

  随便走进一家百货店,随便拿起一个罐头看看它的盐分含量吧。你会发现世界简直充满了爱了!

  17

  第十七条:

  Three seagulls flying together, directly overhead, are a warning of death soon to come.

  如果三只海鸥一起从你头上直直飞过,预示着死亡很快会降临。

  Or poop on your head.

  也预示着你头顶会有一泡屎。

  18

  第十八条:

  Place a hand in front of your mouth when sneezing so that your soul cannot escape.

  打喷嚏的时候,用手捂住你的嘴,可以防止灵魂外逃。

  Now they tell us to sneeze into our armpits. I’ve got to feel sorry for any soul that gets sneezed into an armpit.

  现在他们又叫我们往胳肢窝里打喷嚏了。我真为那些被喷进胳肢窝的灵魂感到惋惜。

  19

  第十九条:

  The number of Xs in the palm of your right hand is the number of children you will have.

  右手掌有几个“X”,预示着你会有几个孩子。

  I counted. I will have 47 children.

  我数了一下。嗯, 我会有47个孩子。

  20

  第二十条:

  A new bride must be carried over the threshold because it’s bad luck if she falls.

本新闻共4页,当前在第3页  1  2  3  4  

我要投稿 新闻来源: 编辑: 作者:
相关新闻