首页>新托福>托福试题>正文
托福听力_那些听不懂的小词小句

www.zige365.com 2012-8-1 9:04:50 点击:发送给好友 和学友门交流一下 收藏到我的会员中心
 1.take a rain check 改天吧

  ——Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)

  ——I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a raincheck。(我工作很忙,改天吧。)

  2. lost count 弄不清楚

  ——Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are alwaysdriving there. How many trips a week do you makeanyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)

  ——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyesclosed。(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)

  3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍

  ——Pete’s really out of it these days。(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)

  ——Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in anotherworld。(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)

  4. make yourself at home 随意,随便

  ——Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)

  ——Of course not, make yourself at home。(当然不介意,随意一点!)

  5. save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了

  ——Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)

  ——Save your breath. He"s out of earshot。(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)

  6. make sense 有意义,理解

  ——The plot of that movie is hard to follow。(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)

  ——It makes more sense the second time。(再看一遍就理解了。)

  7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂贵

  ——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave toLinda?(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)

  ——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and aleg。(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)

  8.burn a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光

  ——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computeryet? (你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)

  ——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately .Maybe next month. (这几个月我花钱如流水。也许下个月吧。)

  9.fill one’s shoes 很好地顶替;令人满意地替代

  ——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring?(你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)

  ——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes。(是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来代替她。)

  10.is ice cold 表示理所当然

  ——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授总是来上课吗?)

  ——Is ice cold? (当然了。)

  11.like apples and oranges 用来表示无法相比的事物

  ——Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess orbridge? (你认为桥牌和象棋哪个更难学?)

  ——They are like apples and oranges. (它俩没法比较。)

  12.look for a needle in a hay stack 大海捞针

  ——We are supposed to meet John here at the train station。(我们要在火车站接John。)

  ——That’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack . (那可真是大海捞针。)

  13.lose one’s train of 忘记

  ——When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought。(你打断了我的思考,我忘记我在想什么了。)

  14.meet each other half way 相互妥协,让步

  ——My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I hadtotally different ideas about how to proceed。(我的化学课题出问题了。在进展问题上,我与我的合作者意见完全不同。)

  ——You should try to meet each other half way. (你们应该相互妥协。)

本新闻共2页,当前在第1页  1  2  

我要投稿 新闻来源: 编辑: 作者:
相关新闻
托福听力复习指导_听力经典加试题Ragtime music